Monday, August 30, 2010

Always Wear Protection



No doubt you remember Ms. Jessica Kastrop getting thumped in the head by an errant ball during pregame last week. At no point has anyone felt bad for her since, after watching the video about 10-15 times, it's not hard to realize it's one of the funniest things you'll ever see.

Well this past weekend, Khalid Boulahrouz (the man responsible for playing that terrible ball) made a mockery of the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, the flowers were a nice touch. But then he hands her the head gear...the same head gear worn by Cristian Chivu and Peter Cech. Are you kidding me?! If you are going to give her protection, make it real protection. I would have preferred a hockey mask, or maybe a motorcycle helmet. Unless what he gave her is reinforced with metal plates, she's due for another unfortunate injury.

On the other hand, I kinda feel bad for her now... That video will make her the laughing stock of Germany and most of the world for years to come. Did they really need to rub it in with the helmet? Although credit to her, she did embrace it by interviewing Jürgen Klopp in full garb.

My sentiments are taking over. Let me watch the video again...



Ok. I don't really feel bad anymore.

No comments: